- What is a person of character? Create a definition as a group.
- Can you name any famous people that you would consider to be a person of character? What makes them a person of character?
- Can you name any real life people that you would consider to be a person of character? What makes them a person of character?
- For the following activities, you can use this sheet to guide the conversation.
- Create a T chart and write Trustworthiness at the top with a DO and DON'T column. Have students generate ideas about what you should do to promote trustworthiness and what you shouldn't do.
- Make a T chart for the other pillars and follow the same instructions as above: respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, citizenship
- Print out enough copies for your advisory of this character rubric sheet. Have them fill it out individually and then have a discussion about what they need to work on.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
What is a person of character?
We talk about character a lot in school, but what does that really mean? What is a person of character? What traits do they show on a daily basis? The following is designed as a discussion activity with personal reflection at the end.