Quick tips for keeping yourself safe on social networks
- Put everything behind password protected walls, where only friends can see
- Protect your password and make sure you really know who someone is before you allow them onto your friends list
- Blur or morph your photos a bit so they won't be abused by cyberbullies or predators
- Don't post anything your parents, principal or a predator couldn't see
- What you post online stays online - forever - so, ThinkB4uClick!
- Don't so or say anything online you wouldn't say offline
- Protect your privacy and your friends' privacy too...get their okay before posting something about them or their pic online
- Check what your friends are posting/saying about you. Even if you are careful, they may not be and may be putting you at risk.
- That cute fourteen year old boy may not be cute, may not be fourteen and may not be a boy! You never know!
- And, unless you’re prepared to attach your MySpace or Facebook to your college, job, internship, scholarship or sports team application, don’t post it publicly!