Sunday, October 25, 2009
- Describe your scariest childhood Halloween memory.
- Describe the best Halloween costume made yourself or that you helped to make.
- Describe the best way for children to celebrate Halloween.
- How would you like to celebrate Halloween differently?
- What is your favorite Halloween tradition?
- What is your favorite Halloween candy?
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Advisors...use these topics to spark conversations about "netiquette" or being appropriate using technology, which includes cell phones, video, and anything on the computer. This is a real character education that you can relate to their own lives and the real world.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Some answers you will find:
“I’m only downloading a few songs. How does that hurt anyone?”
“Why do my parents have to pay for what I did?”
“What’s the worse that can happen if I’m caught?”
Check how much your advisees really know about what is legal on the internet regarding everything from videos to music. Click here for a printable quiz. The answers can be found here. This should prompt a great conversation with your students. If you need some conversation starters, try these:
What is intellectual property and creative content?
Why are creative rights important?
Are all citizens protected equally by
Sunday, October 4, 2009
How was your day?
How was school?
How was your test?
Anything you want to tell me?
Let's try to have some real conversations in advisory this week...the only rule?? There are no one word answers. Use these questions as a guide, but feel free to make up your own!
1. If you had to give every human being one quality, what would it be and why?
2. Do you have any recurring dreams? Describe them?
3. What is the meanest thing someone could say to you?
4. If you could be a famous athlete, actor, writer or musician which would you choose and why? (It is fun to guess what the other people in the group will say before divulging answers)!
5. If you were invisible where would you go and what would you do?
6. If your life was made into a movie, who would play you? why?
7. If you could invent one thing what would it be?
8. What is the greatest song ever written?
9. Do you believe in heaven? What does yours look like? Is it different for everyone?
10. What is the most important quality for a boss to have?
11. If you could know one thing about the future, what would it be?
12. How do you choose your friends?
13. What is the first thing you notice about a person?
14. What do you think is the biggest problem in the United States and Why?
15. Describe the most beautiful thing you have ever seen.
16. What would the cover of your autobiography look like if it could not be a picture of you or your family?
17. If you could trade places with anyone in the world who would it be and why? How about someone in your family?
18. Do you ever talk to yourself? When and what do you say?
Did you know that you have access through our school to worldbookonline.com? The student section has current events, quizzes, research sources, and most popular articles. If you want to learn more about what is going on in the world, I've sent the username and password to your email!