Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflection 2009: Self Portrait


The questions below can be done individually or as a group, but if they are done in a group, make students feel comfortable knowing that they don't have to answer every question. You can have fun with this and have students take their own self portraits with a camera and post them in your room.
  1. What did I learn last year?
  2. What was my greatest accomplishment over the past year?
  3. Which moment from last year was the most memorable and why?
  4. What’s the #1 thing I need to accomplish this year?
  5. What can I do right now to make this year less stressful?
  6. What have I struggled with in the past that might also affect the upcoming year?
  7. What was last year’s biggest time sink? – Steer clear of this in the future. Setup physical barriers against distractions if you have to.
  8. Am I carrying any excess baggage into the year that can be dropped? – Physical clutter, mental clutter… eliminate the unnecessary so the necessary may shine bright.
  9. What have I been avoiding that needs to get done?
  10. What opportunities are still on the table?
  11. Is there anyone I’ve been meaning to talk to?
  12. Is there anyone that deserves a big ‘Thank You’?
  13. How can I help someone else this coming year?
  14. What are my top 3 goals for the next 3 years?
  15. Have any of my recent actions moved me closer to my goals?
  16. What’s the next step for each goal?
  17. What am I looking forward to during the upcoming year?
  18. What are my fears?
  19. What am I most grateful for?
  20. If I knew I only had one year to live, who would I spend my time with?